Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Rochester Restaurant Reviews blog!

This blog is dedicated to reviews of restaurants in Rochester, New York.

I started this blog because I want people who live in Rochester or who are visiting Rochester to know where they can find a good meal and what restaurants they should avoid.

I got tired of getting glowing recommendations from friends and family or reading a good restaurant review---only to be disappointed when I visited the restaurant myself.

I don't like bad food. I don't like bad service. And, I don't like leaving a restaurant feeling that I was ripped off, because the food wasn't what it should be, what it could be.

And, because I am a lifelong foodie in addition to being a professional chef and baker, I have high expectations when I eat out---but, shouldn't we all?

These won't be fancy schmancy, food-critic type reviews. I'm not a writer, I'm a lover of good food. I probably won't say much about the ambiance or the wine list or what the waitstaff was wearing. I'm just interested in the food and whether it's good or not. I'm going to give you the barebone facts---is it good or not? At the beginning of each restaurant review post, I'll give you the name, address and phone number of the restaurant. I'll also include a website link, if they have a website. Then, I will give a very simple rating:
  • "Thumbs Up!" (A good restaurant and/or good food and worth checking out.)
  • "Thumbs Down" (Don't waste your money or your calories on this one.)
  • "On The Fence" (This means there are some good things and bad things about the restaurant. I'll tell you what I think, you decide if you want to try it out or not.)

There is good food to be found in Rochester. But, in my opinion, it's hard to find and the truly wonderful restaurants are few and far between. It is my goal to expose the bad ones and praise the good ones, so you, the reader, can go out to dinner, forewarned and forearmed.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment