Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dinosaur Bar B Que - Reviewed

Dinosaur Bar B Que
99 Court Street
325-7090

Website and Menu Link

Rating: On The Fence

I really do like the Dinosaur Bar B Que. I do go there, on occasion, for lunch. The food is good. Their ribs and pulled pork are both outstanding. Their homemade sauce is delicious. Their side dishes are equally tasty.

I have one big reservation and the main reason I can't give Dinosaur a "thumbs up" rating: the portion size. There's just not much value for the money.

You know, down South, barbecue is all about good food and LOTS of it---big portions.

But once you cross the Mason-Dixon line, I guess, the portions start to shrink. By the time you get all the way up North to Rochester, New York, the portions have become minuscule.

What gives? If a person is going to spend $15-20 on a lunch or dinner, then they should leave the place stuffed or with a doggy-bag in hand.

The portions at Dinosaur Bar B Que are small, but the prices aren't. That's the only reason I am on the fence with this one. I do love the food.......but I can't stand small food.

No comments:

Post a Comment