Sunday, December 28, 2008

Famous Dave's - Reviewed

Famous Dave's
200 Center Place Drive
663-3300

Website/Menu Link


Rating: Thumbs Down (way down!)

This restaurant CHAIN (in most cases, never trust a restaurant chain for a good meal) should be called "INfamous Dave's"!!!

One of THE WORST meals I have ever had, ever.

They say that they have "award-winning ribs" --- I can't believe that's true. Unless the panel of judges had previously lost their sense of smell and taste during some freak accident.

They told me that they do smoke and barbecue the meats on premises, but I tried to get a good look at the kitchen and I certainly could not find a smoker or a barbecue pit anywhere. I could be wrong, maybe they have cleverly disguised a barbecue pit to look like a refrigerator or something---but it sure seems to me that nothing is barbecued at the restaurant.

I tried a sampler plate, so I could try out their brisket, ribs and chicken. The meat was godawful! It tasted like lighter fluid---I am not kidding! It really tasted like lighter fluid! And, what's worse, neither I nor my dining companion could get that taste out of our mouths! It was horrible!

The side dishes weren't much better, either.

No, I cannot recommend Famous Dave's. It's not barbecue. I don't know what it is. I don't even think you could properly label it as "food."

No comments:

Post a Comment